Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Dragonfly Marching Band Parade

I painted and put up a wallpaper border in LaLa's bedroom over the last two days.

By myself.

With two kids and two cats under foot.

The end results are incredibly, smashingly superb, if I do say so myself. I am on a roll now, so pleased with myself and my meticulous work that I think I hear a parade in my honor going on outside, complete with marching bands, fireworks, and the requisite cupped-hand-waving-girls-on-floats.

I am a lifetime card-carrying DIY-er. Hear me roar.


But I do sense a potential addiction to this wallpapering business. I was so tickled with the new decor that I used the wallpaper border to decorate LaLa's formerly plain white toy bench, thereby greatly improving it. This then inspired me to locate more unsuspecting places to inflict my unused remaining portions of wallpaper border upon. Surely there are TONS of areas in my house that could use a dose of dragonfly? As I notice myself actively curbing the lemming tendency to find new, fresh surfaces which are in need of my forcible home improvement touches, I can't help but think that those cats had better watch out. Between them, there is an awful lot of untapped surface area.

3 Comments:

Blogger ~Kristina~ said...

Way to go. I have so many projects to do that I just dont have the energy for.

I LOVE dragonflys. i bet it looks great

12:25 PM  
Blogger mom23 said...

I'm trying to work up the courage for us to paint and paper Chloe's room (soon to be Chloe and Cassie's room). Come help me!

6:07 AM  
Blogger lachen said...

Tracy, if I help you, I have one ground rule, OK?

Rule #1: Everything is fair game for this ample leftover dragonfly wallpaper. How tall did you say Scott was again?

1:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home