Friday, June 17, 2005

OK. Seriously. Please go home...

The Micheal Jackson trial is over, guys.

Seriously, did you hear? He was found not guilty by reason of a 93-page jackknifed jury instruction and a-less-than-angelic complaining victims' Mom. But I digress. The point is, it's finished. Game over.

Those of us who live near Neverland would like to resume our normal lives. Please?

We'd like to go to the gas station without being incessantly honked at by strangers in Oregon plated cars with Jackson posters glued to every possible surface, waving large, "Free At Last, Thank God Almighty He is Free At Last!" (a moment while I vomit) signs while Thriller blares from the stereo.

We'd like to be able to drive to our children's ballet classes past Figueroa Mountain Road without having to skillfully navigate the crazed CIRCUS of fans still loyally swarming the entire area surrounding the gate to his property, hoping for a glimpse of him or at least a tossed away Snickers wrapper.

We'd like the media to please stop asking us how we feel about the verdict when we are at the market just trying to buy Dr. Pepper and broccoli and the occassional Tri Tip for our dear husbands.

PLEASE. We know he lives here and this has been a hoot. But we live here too and we are normal everyday people who are fatigued by all of this nonsense. He is not going to go to jail on this one, OK? You did your jobs well and I imagine Mr. Jackson is grateful. But now it is time to be polite and go home. Please?

Thanks.

3 Comments:

Blogger Angel said...

LOL, sorry about those Oregonians, Lachen. They *are* annoying. ;) Just imagine living with them year round. :-P It's the one thing I really dislike about Portland. . . all the crazed liberal tree-huggers (and Michael Jackson lovers). Well ok. . . I dislike both them and the incessant rain. *grin* Here's hoping you get some peace and quiet there soon.

10:22 PM  
Blogger lachen said...

Being an Oregonian myself (wahoo!), I must say that I was saddened to see our beloved state so poorly represented around here lately. LOL The fan base seemed to be out in even fuller force today, if it were possible. Hopefully, this weekend will represent the last hurrah. I can only pray.

But I dearly miss the constant rain of Oregon (Lake Oswego, to be precise) and think I may well be the only person on the planet for whom misty, marine layered rain EVERY DAY would be my idea of heaven. I know... issues. :)

It's been in my blood since birth. Oregon is like moss - it grows on you and is hard to shake.

11:18 PM  
Blogger Angel said...

I didn't know you were an Oregon native! :) I'm an east coast girl myself, but moved here right after I married my Tigard-born-and-raised hubby. (I actually worked in a law firm in Lake Oswego up until just the end of April; that is my favorite town! :)). Oregon is very beautiful, but for those of us used to sunnier climates, the rain is a bit of an adjustment. My husband would agree with you completely about the rain, however--he loves it and is not especially looking forward to the hotter, drier weather that awaits us when we move to Sacramento. :)

12:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home