Thursday, June 16, 2005

Off The Charts

Well, he finally did it. Joyboy has reached the 30 pound mark.

AT 15 MONTHS OLD.


No, we are not overfeeding him. Exclusively breastmilk until he was nearly a year old, and then normal amounts of baby food and solids. We limit sugars and he only drinks water - no juices. His favorite foods are carrots, sweet potatoes, and rice.

Sheesh.

Weighing and measuring each of my children causes me regular bouts of amused disbelief. LaLa, my 4.3 year old, weighed in today in at 31.5 pounds. This puts her at just under the 25% percentile for weight (50% for height). Joyboy, who is three years younger than she, emerging from my womb a mere year and three months ago, already tops the charts at 30+ (I saw the .5 flicker on my scale) pounds. He is making a solid showing somewhere between the 97 and 99% percentile for weight. Couple that with being in the 75'% percentile for height and I am becoming increasingly convinced that we are certainly not rearing a frail little man over here.

If he keeps gaining 2 pounds per month of his life, I will be scared. Because at that rate, my darling, precious, adorable son will outweigh me by his 4th birthday.

3 Comments:

Blogger Karmon said...

Don't take this the wrong way. He's a cute little Sumo wrestler. You and Copper produced teo beautiful kids.

1:04 PM  
Blogger ~Kristina~ said...

He keeps growing and growing and growing.......lol.

He is just so cute. Both of them are precious. Prince R still gets excited when he sees LaLa'a picture. Remember when he used to kiss the computer screen lol

6:08 PM  
Blogger Vanessa said...

CHUNKY MONKEY! He's a beautiful baby boy & perfectly healthy. It's amazing how children grow differently. Like I told you about my brother & I - LOL.

8:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home