Friday, June 17, 2005

Kate and Tom

There are ample reasons I consistently choose to sit in the rooting section for purely endeavored LOVE, even when its flower surprisingly blooms in the most unlikely of barren fields, or in the dead of winter.

I am actively resisting the bandwagon urge to choose cynicism when commenting on this one. The ever-bizarre Scientology aspect of it all nowithstanding, I believe that there continue to emerge incredible, lasting, loving relationships that defy the odds against them, and sincerely wish them the very best in their endeavor toward that goal. After all, it is these love stories that inspire us with their continued triumphs and perseverance through trials by fire, thereby refining and deepening commitment, love, and the power of the human heart. Who knows if this relationship will become worthy to be included in that elite group? Only time will tell, but I choose to put my money on the hope that it could be - knowing that love exists in unconventional packaging often and that NOTHING is larger or beyond the power of God to transform for His glory and purpose. Critical to me is the resistance with all my might the poisonous cynicism that is a far-too automatic response for the vast majority of us these days. It is far easier to be cynical than to be hopeful. But when has THAT criteria ever daunted me? :)


Here's to hoping. And to believing in God, through whom all things are possible.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess I have to be one who really could care less if Tom is "gay", if Katie is a "hostage" or if they are really in love. They live in a land where perfect is expected, faked, fauned and laughed at when it fails....
I have to choose to not care whether they make it and make SURE that my marriage is not rated on their ability to make it or not.

I know that YOU my darling do not gauge your live by such things either, we both rely on that higher standard of what God says about it all, not the god inside me or the god scientology says I am/could be, but the God who created the universe and the institute of marriage.

I can not look to anothers marriage for hope for my own, those I have relied on for so long have all failed either by divorce or dead in marriage "roommate" living situations.

I alone will trust my marriage to the mirror of itself and though the reflection is not that clear/great right now, we work on it.

does that make the least bit of sense??

12:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A very nice post. On a similar note, remembering things I had said throughout the day, I prayed feverently last night for the strength to stop judging others - in all things. Let me be happy where I am and let others be happy where they are.
And I, too, root for love. When you find it (and I have, and it sounds like you have, too) you know there is no substitute.

9:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home