Sunday, December 17, 2006

The Dr. is out

Today is the first day in over 2 years that I have not had a taste of Dr. Pepper.

And I survived!

It seems flippant, even simple, really. But it marks a meaningful milestone for me. I am amazed at how easily we slip into patterns of living that are not necessarily the healthiest. Dr. Pepper, while the world's most perfect beverage, has become a dependency for me.

So, today I tried an experiement = no Dr. Pepper. And you know what? Though I had a raging headache all day long, I'm still standing.

Please excuse my little happy dance ~ I am tickled with myself.

4 Comments:

Blogger Mo said...

I feel the same way about coffee. If I don't drink at least a pot throughout the day I'm hitting the Advil bottle hard. Congrats on overcoming your addiction! :o)

8:41 AM  
Blogger Roxy Wishum said...

Way to go! Are we formulating New Year's resolutions?

4:29 AM  
Blogger Ashley @ pure and lovely said...

yay! good for you! stay strong! dont listen to me. i am a totally hypocrite. its called sweet tea for me. im on my second glass this morning.

9:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats! Once I went two months without chocolate. I was really proud.

le

5:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home