Saturday, November 18, 2006

All I want for Christmas...

psssssst!!!

Wanna know my secret (or not-so-secret) Christmas wish for 2006:

a new baby
That's not much to ask, is it? Certainly that is reasonable, right?

And honestly, I don't even care if my present arrives this year ~ I just want to know that it will arrive at some point in the future. That soon, I'll know the snuggles and coos of another little baby again. Kind of like a delayed present. LAYAWAY, that's it. Baby layaway.

Think I'll get lucky and Santa will deliver an extra special bundle of joy under my Christmas tree this year? Maybe I am confusing Santa with the stork, and mixing metaphoric symbolic characters? In any case, only time will tell if 2007 brings me the most precious Christmas present ever envisioned or if I get a pair of purple super-snuggly socks again. Which, while delightfully cozy and much appreciated, do tend to come in quite a distant second to the utmost desire of my heart: another little muffinhead to join our family and complete the circle.

Santa may want to tip my husband off.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lachen,may you receive the present you want-I know he or she will be a perfect addition to your family.
May God continue to bless you and yours. This is Doug at Fine Dry Wit.

2:05 PM  
Blogger lachen said...

Hi Doug! Thanks... we'll see what God has in mind for me.

I am trying not to hold too tightly to this particular hope. I very well might find another pair of soft, snuggly socks under my tree. :)

Which would not be a bad thing.

2:45 PM  
Blogger Mo said...

I hope you get your Christmas wish. ;o)

10:14 AM  
Blogger lachen said...

Mo - from your lips to hubby's heart to God's ears.

I think, if a 3rd child is meant for us, 2008 is our year. Just a gut feeling. Speaking of which, when is YOUR YEAR? :)

10:10 PM  
Blogger Vanessa said...

Ooooh ... another little baby would be a wonderful addition to your family!!! I hope you get your wish :)

8:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home