Tuesday, June 13, 2006

walmart woes

I am honestly humbled by the open employment policy that Walmart offers, but experiencing the business end of that policy is not without its drawbacks. It would potentially be helpful to ensure that those employed in positions of customer service do not render that service with the overt malice of a hitman seeking to cause bodily injury to any brave soul daring to ask where the Children's sinus medicine might be located.

After Sunday nights' run in with the Walmart Mob Boss in Aisle Nine, I am now legitimately afraid of that place. Not because of how it is rumored to treat its employees, but how its employees treat their customers. And how many colorful epithets are tatooed on their forearms. A heathy portion of the Walmart workforce seems to be employed courtesy of work release. Which is fine. Until you need to ask a question.

6 Comments:

Blogger Doug said...

I'm sorry you had a bad time there, Lachen. Times have changed-I lived for a time in Branson, Mo in the early 1980's-before Walmart went national. The store there was fresh and new,clerks had profit sharing, and it was pretty neat. 20+ years later...not so neat.
I imagine next time you may look for a nice grandmother type in the blue blazer to help you. Hopefully one with fewer tattoos.

7:32 PM  
Blogger Mo said...

Walmart can definitely hire some beauties let me tell you. I've had my fair share of shouting matches with some of the better employees.

7:30 AM  
Blogger Angel said...

It's funny; I never heard anyone so much as breathe a complaint against WalMart until I moved to the West Coast. It's the antichrist of discount stores up in Portland. Boy, do those liberals sure hate WalMart and its Bible belt politics! ;) But then again, I never had a bad experience with a WalMart employee back east, either. I have definitely noticed they are less friendly here, though I think that just about goes for all customer service people in Sacramento so far. :-P

Hopefully your next experience will be better. :)

3:32 PM  
Blogger lachen said...

You guys are so funny. I have no ridiculous agenda against Walmart. I just wish there were more customer service employees who actually, I don't know, PROVIDE CUSTOMER SERVICE?

:)

10:21 PM  
Blogger Just us said...

We actually stopped going to all three walmarts near us because everyone working there that we ever came in contat with were all crabby.

We always left feeling so down about spending our money there. It was never fun to do it even for fun purchases. It just made us feel ick to be there. So we stopped.

9:57 AM  
Blogger Angel said...

LOL, I didn't mean you, Lachen. I just think there's a marked difference between WalMarts here and the ones where I grew up. :)

1:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home