Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Strange things are afoot at the Circle K

There are some rather phenomenal things happening in my body.

And in my soul.

Interesting that I should be undergoing such individually huge and daunting-in-their-own-right sandblasting at the same time. I feel a bit like I am in the middle of a rather rigorous car wash. Without the car.

It has always seemed to me that being a work in progress, changing course, having a teachable heart, being open to the movement of the Spirit and the undeniable leadership of the Lord, recognizing and seeking to heal unhealth in one's existence - are all laudable, though sadly rare, elements in the kind of Christian humanity I seek after and admire in others. And neccessary characteristics, really, if we are indeed bound to the relentless pursuit of Christ and of wellness in body and soul, aren't they? We must not be afraid to suffer, encounter pain, confusion, or lonliness during a process of soulful remodel for purposes we do not immediately understand, but find their genesis and resolution in God.

The specifics concerning the spiritual/Biblical and physical/medical portions of this particular leg of my life journey will have to await a more complete description until tomorrow, or perhaps Friday. At the very latest, Saturday, as my stamina is actually waning before my very eyes tonight. How's that for a teaser? But for now, suffice it to say that I am, apparently, under intense spiritual remodel and polishing. Somewhat initially involuntarily as is my predictably stubborn, Type A wont. And this new medical journey I am thrust into, seeking answers to the hurts and questions my body is posing promises to be as taxing as any I have taken in my life. It's going to be an interesting ride over here at the Circle K for the next little while.

But I don't fear the destination, as much as I may long for a road with less muddy bumps and snarls and moan about the battlescars I collect along the way. I am not afraid. I've known and loved my driver since I was born. I have abiding faith that he will safely bring me where I need to go.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear you're suffering. I hope you'll be okay.

9:53 AM  
Blogger lachen said...

God bless you Erin, for thinking of me! I *am* suffering, which is new of me to even say - since it is historically difficult for me to admit physical weakness. (though interestingly REALLY easy to admit spiritual weakness, which is actually gaining strength and blossoming as my body and strength really are taking some big blows right now).

All my love and thanks for being here to love me through whatever is to be...

10:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You made me weep and I don't even know what is happening with you. All my best to you. You sound like I don't need to remind you that Jesus loves you and never leaves us alone. Courage, friend.

le

1:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Psalm 121

2:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How are you doing, Lachen? Please check in.

le

3:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home