Monday, February 13, 2006

Cold Weather Wimp

If Darwin were right and Survival of the Fittest was the name of the game, I would have been extinct L-O-O-O-N-G before now. Because I am a cold weather WIMP and should have been picked off by the more "fit" long ago. So I think I am the unofficial antedote to Darwinism. I am still standing, and it is by the grace of God alone. As I write this, I am sitting here, in MAUI where it is 68 degrees outside at midnight, wearing a long sleeved T-shirt, dive jacket, sweatpants, and socks. I realize this is ridiculous. But...

I am freezing!! Anything under 70 seems to turn my lips blue and set my teeth chattering.


Thus, to the whole "survival of the fittest" theory, I scoff in your general direction! I seem to manage quite well with the help of such inventions as chenille, down feathers, forced air gas heat, socks, flannel and the like, so in my life, your theory has been completely disproven. Prior to that, though, I may as well have been wearing pajamas in the pattern of a giant target, because there is no way I would have survived. I would be the poster child for "extinct" the moment early autumn settled in and the temperature dropped into the artic range of the mid 60's. Brrrrrrrr.

I am the reason Darwin is wrong. If he were right, I should have been gone a long time ago.

Now if you'll please excuse me, I am off to snuggle into my down comforter for the night...

2 Comments:

Blogger Liz said...

Well Lachen, be sure to only visit me in NY during the summer. Right now we are in a huge heat wave of 56 degrees. 5 days ago we were in the middle of a blizzard. The snow is now gone. It should get much colder again this weekend. We are smack in the middle of GET SICK weather.

9:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's 41 degrees here today...perfect for no jacket and windows down! :)

12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home