Saturday, February 04, 2006

One Word:

M A U I

We arrived this afternoon to the sunny, windswept, crystalline shores of Maui. Grateful beyond explanation to be here, we are ~ as ever when travelling with two children under 5 ~ exhausted after waking at 5:00 am this morning and travelling for more than 8 hours. But delightfully, we have arrived, set down our bags, stretched out our arms to the sun, watched the sun sink into the Pacific Ocean, and are settling in for the night.

We are here.

We are "home".

And we are peacefully poised for a tomorrow that holds no schedules, no watching the clock or wristwatch, and instead doing exactly what nourishes us moment to moment. Making memories for a lifetime, delighting in our children, and embracing the island we love so deeply.

Ahhhh.............

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so envious! Lord forgive me. I haven't spent time on Maui, but I have on Kauai. Enjoy!

3:21 PM  
Blogger mom23 said...

Thinking about you, wishing I were there with you, and praying that you will be renewed as a family, a couple, and as friends.

And I'm jealous.

8:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home