Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Wanted: warning labels that work

Operating from a rather medically and pharmaceutically altered state lately (caused by viral meningitis - in case you're new here - I don't generally run around ingesting powerful prescription drugs on a regular basis) has been an interesting deviation from the norm.

On Friday, my headache was so bad that it took me four attempts to open the bathroom door.

Last night, the medicine I am on worked so quickly at inducing sleep that I woke up with my eyeglasses askew and the print from the magazine I was reading clearly smudging my left cheek.

This evening my medicine created such a hazy state that I somehow managed to lose the remote control for several hours. We accidentally found it in the butter tray of the refrigerator door. We had given up the search and decided to get ourselves a drink, when - aha! - there is was. Yet another instance of Dr. Pepper saving the day. Dr. Pepper should be marketed with a blue superhero cape around the top.

So if I accidentally show up with one white sock and one green sock tomorrow, forgive me. And then please give me a hug or a Dr. Pepper. It's been a long week. And they should really consider re-labelling prescription drugs to reflect the actual risks involved with ingesting some of these medications. "May cause patient to accidentally leave TV remote control devices inside major appliances." Now THAT warning label would actually have been helpful tonight.

Goodnight all, that is if I can accurately remember where my bedroom door is?...

11 Comments:

Blogger MommaRia said...

Wow, and you live in Cali? Altered states of mind are norm there aren't they? I hope you are on the mend and feeling better soon. I love you and am praying for you.

6:01 AM  
Blogger MommaRia said...

p.s.....
where did you leave the butter....

try to wrap your hazy mind around that one. *wink*

6:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember in high school discovering a pound of hamburger in the downstairs bathroom. Sometimes moms are just like that whether they have meds or not.

le

12:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Think nothing of it lachen. It's hubby's job to keep track of the tv remote regardless of where wifey leaves it.

12:26 PM  
Blogger ~Kristina~ said...

ROFL. The remote in the butter sonds like a typical day here lol.

9:40 AM  
Blogger butterfly cocoon said...

I want some, I want some!
Kidding.
Hang in there. Strong prayers coming.
By the way, what would happen if the pills make you forget where the pills are?

10:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Another warning label story:

Shortly after we were first married, my wife and I purchased our first new mattress. After settling it on the box springs I proceeded to tear off the labels.

My wife's face froze in a look of abject fear as she asked, "What are you doing, can't you see it says DO NOT REMOVE UNDER PENALTY OF LAW"?

We still get a chuckle out of that after 40 years.

2:36 PM  
Blogger Vanessa said...

I'd give you a hug & a Dr. Pepper any day! Love ya!

8:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you think she shut herself in the fridge?

le

11:19 AM  
Blogger lachen said...

Ok you smart aleks disguised as caring blog posters... LOL...:

a.) the butter was in the door compartment, too. The TV remote was sitting in there right bedside the 2 blocks of Danish Creamery.

b.) my beloved hubby, Copper, noticed the TV remote was missing WAY before I did, thereby comforting me that, even in times of electronic crisis, the testosterone/estrogen balance in the world is intact.

c.) I did not lock myself in the fridge, but did manage to cap the butter/remote caper off with a trio of run-in's with the closet door. I apparently misjudged the distance between me and it three times before realizing I needed to make a wider turn around it.

Nice little bruises, those. :)

11:44 PM  
Blogger lachen said...

Joe&Julie, WELCOME!! I hope you find kindred spirits here among those in the Peripheral Musings family...

11:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home