Monday, January 23, 2006

Roe V. Wade is 33 years old

The actual birthday of this landmark Supreme Court ruing was yesterday (Jannuary 22), but I just could not bring myself to post about this on the Sabbath.

So, hip, hip hooray. Isn't it wonderful that in a nation grappling with allowing the death penalty within our legal punishment arsenal, so readily advocates the death of babies at the hands of their mothers? Yahoo - how cool. Forgive me if I fail to throw a party celebrating the 40 million abortions in our nation in the last 40 years, hastened and amplified by a ruling which allows females to kill their babies at will. Yeeha.

I share my birthday year, 1973, with the conception of Roe V. Wade. It persistently haunts me to know that by the grace of God, I was permitted to live, when so many other babies have legally been denied their first breaths. Before they were born, they died.

Why me? Why not them? Why any of us?

Why celebrate the legal case that allowed us the delightful choice - the fabulous "freedom" to kill our young before they are ever born? Why celebrate a ruling that has allowed women to make a choice none of us should ever believe ourselves entitled to or capable of? Why celebrate the broken hearts, burdened souls, and lost lives to the abortion "choice"? Why?


I suggest that we forever lost our moral integrity as a nation of people on January 22, 1973.

While some celebrate their guaranteed right, I am anguished about the guaranteed deaths. I refuse to celebrate Roe V. Wade and commit myself to prayer that I will see it overturned or amended in my lifetime. Now THAT would be something to celebrate.

"Before you were formed in the body of your mother I had knowledge of you, and before your birth I made you holy; I have given you the work of being a prophet to the nations." ~ Jeremiah 1:5

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I suggest that we forever lost our moral integrity as a nation of people in January 22, 1973."

I so agree. Keep on fighting, sister.

le

6:01 AM  
Blogger Mo said...

How much do I love you? LOTS! :o)

Fab post, as usual. I can't imagine how people could actually "celebrate" the anniversary of Roe v. Wade. I'll wait to celebrate when it's overturned. Hopefully Alito will be our ticket to that day.

10:44 AM  
Blogger butterfly cocoon said...

When I lost Sara last month the hospital asked me what to do with the 'remains'. We were furious and told them we were burying our baby's body. Excuse me, but what the #$%*$!! would we do? After I though about it I think that that mentality is an offshoot of abortion, even in the second trimester as I was.

11:36 AM  
Blogger Mo said...

Hey Lachen, have you seen this?:
http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/01/24/D8FB8FI00.html

12:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home