Monday, May 23, 2005

Little Laundry Lesson

I will remember to check the washing machine for errant purple crayons...
I will remember to check the washing machine for errant purple crayons...
I will remember to check the washing machine for errant purple crayons...
I will remember to check the washing machine for errant purple crayons...
I will remember to check the washing machine for errant purple crayons...

Ah, well. Lavender is an underused color for my familys' formerly white underwear, T-shirts, socks and bras. And it is actually quite lovely, really. Kind of a mixture between lilac and lavender, with randomly spaced dark purple wax streaks. Very classy. Maybe this is Gods' way of reminding me that the notion that I am in control is a destructive illusion. Maye it is Gods' way of illustrating that unexpected blessings can come from seemingly not-so-great happenings. Purple unmentionables might just be more becoming on every member of our family than white was. It might start a trend.

Then again, maybe it is Gods' way of reminding me to just check the doggone washing machine for LaLa's crayons before adding clothes, water, and detergent.

This will be a funny memory one day. In about eight years.

4 Comments:

Blogger mom23 said...

Oh no! Tell me this isn't the order you load the washing machine!! It clearly should be water, soap, and then clothes.

5:50 PM  
Blogger lachen said...

Alas, you fellow laundry wonder women, I have a front loading washer. All clothes must be inside before the door will close and lock. THEN I can add the detergent, water, or my many thrilling additives. Wonderful, though, and nary a laundry detergent spot to report. BUT - that is probably due to my long-standing rule of always using LIQUID detergent. :) Ah, we of so many rules for such everyday tasks.

Laundry was never, ever so colorful as when CRAYOLA entered the picture yeaterday. Praise God for Oxi-CLean and Spray and Wash balls. The combination of those two has all but erased such pleasant lavender memories. :)

10:27 AM  
Blogger *** hunzer *** said...

It's funny NOW.

3:59 PM  
Blogger Karmon said...

Right there with ya with Oxi Clean and liquid detergent. Too funny after the fact about the purple crayola. LOL!!!

4:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home