Sunday, May 22, 2005

Sunday, blessed Sunday

Some weeks are like traveling rapids upstream against the frigid current in the howling wind, with bitter rain pelting your face. Naked. Without oars or paddles.

Such has been this week, though by the grace of God, there were wonderful welcome respites peppering the stoney path ~ enough to keep my spirit afloat and ablaze with joy.

Even so, anticipating singing praise music in the chapel tomorrow morning is making me so jazzed up that sleep eludes, even at almost 1:00 am. Singing is the single most powerful method God uses to impact and nourish me. The thought of "filling up my tank" tomorrow amidst a chorus of other jubilantly singing voices is welcomingly satiating. I am running on fumes.

Sometimes the week between Sundays is a bit too long for me...


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lachen,
I agree! Song is the most powerful way that God can use to touch my soul!
Even when I know I am doing wrong and I am walking the wrong path, I hear a gospel, christian, or catholic hymn and I stop in my tracks. Almost like he made me run into a brick wall that he magically built in a second.

12:46 PM  
Blogger lachen said...

AMEN! I have been waiting for God to manifest and make clear His plan for my voice at this phase in my life. He DID, amazingly, on Monday, when our music director flagged me down in the parking lot after dropping LaLa off at church. He begged me to step up and begin singing immediately.

No need for begging! He was sowing a VERY ripe field with that request and I am THRILLED to finally be able to be a part of the harvest. Waiting on God is sometimes SO frustraging for me-of-so-little-patience, but unspeakably worth the wait when His perfect timing is finally revealed.

And RIGHT ON about getting stopped in your tracks by God's word put to music. The power and ability to move hearts by music is incredible, isn't it?

10:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home