Thursday, May 19, 2005

Nectar of God, the Recipe

Carbonated Water
High Fructose Corn Syrup And/Or Sugar
Caramel Color
Phosphoric Acid
Artificial and Natural Flavors
Sodium Benzoate (Preservative)
Caffeine

Otherwise known as my fuel a la mode, Dr. Pepper. (If you listen long enough, you can hear my audibly deep, contented sigh) Nothing like it. I wonder if this delightful soft drink was around when Jesus walked the earth, if it would have been truly His drink of choice - the actual, historical nectar of God? I think a substantial argument can be made for that. At least by me.

I can't believe caffeine is last on the list of ingredients. Clearly a typo there.

5 Comments:

Blogger lachen said...

Marla! I am thrilled you are able to function as well as you DO with all you have encountered and all you are attempting to accomplish in a 4 months time span: having a baby, moving, navigating a blog AND writing... it amazes.
Thanks for visiting - I love knowing my kindred spirit in you is flourishing... I check in often and am thrilled by your visit and encouragement. Us 'lowlies' ~ grin ~ can never get anough of that.

Love - Lachen

12:48 AM  
Blogger mom23 said...

Here's a little Dr. Pepper trivia for ya: Do you know where it is from? No other place than right here in Waco,TX! It was originally called the Wacoan. In fact, the Dr. Pepper museum is here in town and there is often free Dr. Pepper at events around here. I once asked at the museum if it were a prune based drink and they denied it - with offense.

Tracy

8:04 AM  
Blogger lachen said...

Here is the "word from on high" via snopes.com about the pervasive Dr. Pruney connection. :)

http://www.snopes.com/business/secret/drpepper.asp

I'd drink it even if it WERE made of prunes. I have issues. But happliy so. :)

9:57 AM  
Blogger ~Kristina~ said...

hmmmm Got to love the Dr. MamaQ is right, Cant have Taco Bell without it

5:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did someone say Taco Bell? Uggh what I would give to have some TB up in here! The italians don't know what they are missing!

Oh and DP (what my parents used to call it so I wouldn't know.. DID THEY THINK I WAS DUMB?)is great.. goes well with ice (yes a little weird to say but it tastes different without it to me lol)

10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home