Saturday, August 26, 2006

Sweater Trek

Stardate: September 26 point 7.

Dr. Spock stole the sweater and says he lent it to Scotty. Who knows what they are doing with it, because they both have large craniums and the whole "stretchy" factor only goes so far. Mental notes: check Mr. Spock's closet anyway. And all the laundry chutes on level 5.

*~*~*

Yes, it's true. My blessed, purple, chenille turtleneck-shaped security blanket is no longer gracing my body 24 hours a day. I removed it unceremoniously last night and, miraculously, managed to make it through the night without being attacked by zealous Cobras and Pythons. Funny how that happened, since being attacked by poisonous reptiles is otherwise quite a commonplace occurence in my everyday reality.

And Copper. God bless him, he managed to keep his giggly teasing to a minumum, thereby avoiding being attacked by said sweater, as punishment for utter lack of reverance during his wife's continued state of freaskedoutedness over that dumb movie, Whatever-The-Heck-That-Was On A Plane.

Movies tend leave a lasting imprint on me, and I am never quite sure which ones are going to sneak in and make up semi-permanent camp in my psyche. One wonders why I continue to voluntarily go to scary movies at all anymore.

For months after seeing the flick, "Signs" (smashing entertainment, for those who have yet to experience it. It's my all time favorite Shaymalan film), all Copper would have to do is creep up behind me as I walked, lean in close to the back of my neck and make those creepy alien clicking language noises to cause my adrenalin to spike and my insides to pool at my toes, as I ran for cover (usually up the stairs in the DARK, as Copper routinely chooses dimly lit, quite moments like these to scare the daylights out of me).

We have learned two things from those moments:. One, that there is no way can I be held responsible for my actions under those circumstances. And, two: under diress, I seem to have quite good aim (albeit accidentally) with my right hand.

Here's to healing from snake bites...


1 Comments:

Blogger Roxy Wishum said...

Congrats on surviving without the security blanket--I mean sweater. Since discovering your blog via suppablogga, I have read many of your previous posts and find your writing fascinating. Just so you know, I added your blog as a link and may send a few readers your way.

7:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home