Wednesday, July 27, 2005

The Shark Count

The Official Shark Count Stands at 12.

As of today's vacation halfway point, we have so far dived with twelve sharks ~ mostly White~tipped and Black~tipped Reef Sharks, two huge Grey Sharks, and a beautiful Sandbar Shark. Each shark we count is one we have dived in personal proximity with, interracted with, and ideally photographed. Today, one was even petted. Copper and I are getting bold these days.

When relating this shark-petting business to my mother in law, I made sure to empahsize that it was a SMALL Black~tipped Reef Shark that was pet on today's dive and not to fret. I don't think she heard anything beyond, "Hey! We pet a shark today!"

Have to work on wording that a bit differently, I guess...

2 Comments:

Blogger MommaRia said...

g'day mate...today we awwr playing with da little sharkies.

Oh come here little sharkie...what a bute!

hey wait, give my arm back.

Oh blymie....now they are beginning to swarm...I think i'm in trouble.

I bet that is what your MIL thought. LOL
I, however, envy you. I 'd love to get that close to a little shark. I once pet a baby alligator. LOL.

9:08 AM  
Blogger Karmon said...

You brave thing. Sounds fun and dangerous. I can't wait to see the photos.

11:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home