Saturday, July 23, 2005

I Spy

Have you ever played "I Spy?"

Our family's version of this old standby goes something like this: "I spy, with my eye, something....(insert color here)". And then we all take turns guessing what item has been spied until we figure out the mystery or arrive at our given destination, as this is an oft-used car-trip-is-taking-too-long distraction technique.

Tonight's rendition was classic.

LaLa: "I spy with my eye, something.... GREEN!"

"Is it the grass?"..."the trees?"..."that sign over there?"..."Mommy's shirt?".... and on like this for another seveal minutes. All of our guesses were met with increasingly giggly, insistent head shaking. Finally, I relented and asked for a hint.

LaLa thought about this long a hard and finally offered this gem, "It pees when it wants down."

It took us a good 20 minutes more before we figured out that she was referring to a FROG.

2 Comments:

Blogger Molly said...

That made me LOL. thanks! And she is so right. I remember holding frogs in my youth, and yes.. when they wanted down, they would pee! LOL

11:34 AM  
Blogger Coccobello said...

blogging at the beach.. not fair.

5:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home