Wednesday, July 20, 2005

MMMMMMMaui

Can you feel the warmth of the breezes, wafting with thick scents of sweet plumerias and coconuts?

Can you hear the sounds of toucans and Tido birds, heralding each evening from their lofty perches deep within the blooming jacaranda trees?

Can you see the tropical suns' rays shimmer off the glassy surface of turqiose ocean waters?

I am not trying to rub it in, but to share the immense JOY and saturation of senses that greet me each and every time I disembark the airplane and touch Maui soil. This place forms the closest image, the most intimate association with heaven I can fathom. Jungles meet desert sands, crystalline white sand beaches meet towering fauna-laden, ragged tropical cliffs accented by waterfalls? It exists, and it is here. And so am I.

Filled with gratitude for this experience, beyond my capacity to describe.

Family is excellent, trip is awesome, weather is perfect, stress is blessedly beginning to ebb.

Wish you were here...

8 Comments:

Blogger MommaRia said...

Sniff sniff...AAAaaaaahhh Chooo..snork...Yep, i'm there with you. *wink*.

Miss you. Wish I was there too. I'm dreaming of a beach w/my pale friend blending right into the sand.

lub you.
*insert blowing allergy nose here*

5:37 PM  
Blogger lachen said...

Sweet Maria, I am so sorry you are still sick and would love to have stowed you away with me on the plane. Blasted Transportation Safety Department Rules.

I considered posting a photo, but I blend into the sand so much you can't see me. A Maui blonde version of "Where's Waldo?" of sorts.

~ LOL ~

6:40 PM  
Blogger ~Kristina~ said...

Glad you are habving a great time. I cant wait for you to get back. I finished HBP and I have NO ONE to dish about it with till you get back ;)

7:29 PM  
Blogger Angel said...

Ah Lachen, lucky you! My husband and I consider Kauai to be our own personal paradise on earth. Have an absolutely lovely time. :)

9:56 PM  
Blogger mom23 said...

You deserve it!! Have a great time and get fully rested and revitalized. I hope you can take a few extra minutes out to spend some extra time in prayer and meditation!

Love ya!
Tracy

7:39 AM  
Blogger Hero said...

Sounds to me like the mom posse needs to plan a get together for Lachen's Maui condo real soon.

Enjoy.

7:41 AM  
Blogger *** hunzer *** said...

Bitch.

The sun is wasted on the transparent white gnome known as *C*...I should be there instead!

*wink*

5:47 PM  
Blogger Karmon said...

Missing you. I am SO jealous. When are you inviting the Gang to Maui? Have a relaxing vacation and have fun snorkeling.

Love ya!

5:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home