Friday, April 29, 2005

Zonkey Sprouts

Kudos to Kristina, for calling my attention to this news story about a ZONKEY, which even contains a photo album of the animal and it's Zebra mom.

Now granted, this is a rather sad looking specimin, but it is, nevertheless, a REAL LIVE ZONKEY. Apparently, the owner bred her zebra to a miniature donkey. The rather pathetic result of this endeavor doee resemble something my little LaLa might draw at this stage of her freeform artisitic expression, with striped legs and tufted mane, donkey body but very elegant zebra face. But with all it's clumsiness, I can see the resemblance to MY majestic Zonkey and am thus instantly smitten with this sweet little minature version.

For all-ye-who-doubted, shame on you. Zonkeys seem to be sprouting everywhere. I feel validated if a little less unique.

4 Comments:

Blogger *** hunzer *** said...

All this time I thought you were on crack.

Turns out that there really IS a zonkey out there.

Poor thing looks like God got tired of painting and just quit after the legs.

10:52 AM  
Blogger lachen said...

LOL - I am now officially dedicated to getting a photo of MY Zonkey - so you'll be able to see the difference! But WOOHOO ~ the Zonkey Word is OUT!

10:59 AM  
Blogger Hero said...

I'm so glad you're still trying to get a picture of your version as I'm with Hunzer on "Ah, I'm done painting" version from the article.

Groovy nonetheless.

5:44 AM  
Blogger Molly said...

I, too, thought you were smoking crack! That is fantastic!! LOL

5:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home