Thursday, April 28, 2005

Baby Boom

The words "Baby Boom" do not mean what they might imply around our house.

I, it is no secret, deeply desire to have more babies. Not a dozen more. But one. Or two. Maybe three. No more than four. Seriously... I do wish for at least one more child. Not at this very moment, but in due time and with my whole heart.

Copper, on the other hand, is so DONE with having children that he actually is physically incapable of engaging in conversation about the mere possibility. At my very mention of the word "baby" or "pregnant", his ears close up and he becomes incapable of speech. These mysterious episodes of incapacitation last for as much as 20 minutes before returning to normal. I asked Copper about this and was told, tongue-in-cheek, "It's a natural physical reaction when a sonic boom goes off inside your chest." Hence the new understanding in our home of the term 'Baby Boom'.

May this endearing, lovely new concept be short-lived. I can only hope.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You always make me smile even when I thought I did not have a simle in me to be had!

Mrsp24

10:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home