Sunday, July 16, 2006

Organic Faith

This book and the general trending of thought it represents is a blessing to me. Praise God I am not alone. Scuba diving with the manta rays last night in the depths of the endless Hawaiian sea brought me closer to the Lord than anything has other than being in the presence of my children. Of late, church has been, for me, a bit of seeking the organic relationship, experience, and revelation in the fast food lanes of religion. I seek to suck out the marrow. Not chew on the bone.

I am still listening and utterly ensconced in Romans. God is working. Even in the midst of the darkness, shining. My faith in Jesus Christ and is His power and purpose is, satisfyingly unwavered, even strengthened. I feel, amidst tears and rough waters, grateful to be drawing close to Him, even though there are others I love who waste no time in voicing opinions of my unconventional approach of late.

Blast it. Jesus was unconventional. He came to set us free. Well, then - let's be free.

In pursuit of that freedom...

1 Comments:

Blogger Doug said...

Hi Lachen-I hope that you and Copper are having a wonderful time. Psalm 19 tells of the appreciation of God through His Creation-I'm glad that you felt closer to Him in your dive. Our Pastor shared an idea with us tonight which I'm mulling over:
"God isn't looking for perfection in us, just progress." We don't think of an acorn as a giant oak tree, but in essence, it is. It just hasn't progressed very far yet. We are progressing towards the goal of being conformed to the image of Christ, and even if we don't always see the progress, the Holy Spirit is working in us, and it is happening.
May God continue to Bless you and your family, Lachen.

7:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home