Friday, June 23, 2006

Challenge: Bring It On!













These three bumper stickers comprise my all time favorites.

Ironically, despite my happy appreciation for communication-a-la-car (well, MOST of the time, because there are some odd Mulligans out there), I don't have a single bumper sticker on my own autmobile, because, as my car is often used for work - bumper stickers are against company policy. If I could, though, I'd plaster each of these on my own little driving machine. Until I retire, I'll have to settle for displaying them on the cover of my Study Bible instead. Once in awhile, I ponder if it isn't, perhaps, somewhat sacreligious, but considering I have written all over my Study Bible over the last 16 years, I think it'll fly.

So for July, I am issuing a BLOGWIDE CHALLENGE. Please join me in rising to the challenge of finding inspired ways to:

CELEBRATE AND PROTECT LIFE

PRACTICE RANDOM ACTS OF KINDNESS AND SENSELESS ACTS OF BEAUTY

and FOSTER PEACEFUL COEXISTENCE WITH ONE ANOTHER.

Throughout July, I will be publishing a weekly check-in post to openly invite posts from the entire blogosphere (well, those who visit my little neck of the woods!), detailing collective and individual efforts at living these concepts out loud. I plan to celebrate each effort and hopefully be blessed, inspired, and propelled to pay it forward. Let us make a difference and be inspired by these basic bumper stickered concepts of caring for one another. So let's go forth and make a difference in the lives of others for nothing but the sheer joy of the exercise. First check in post: July 4, 2006.

Bring it on!

2 Comments:

Blogger Mo said...

I saw that first bumpersticker on a car last week.

I didn't really get it.

1:01 PM  
Blogger Doug said...

Hello Lachen-I've been trying to come up with requested vignettes from the bumpstickers. I guess the Dr. Suess one I can mention-in conversation and online I've been arguing that abortion is wrong, so I very much agree with the good Dr. And most of my acts are senseless and random; sometimes they are kind, but beauty would be a stretch.
Have a great day!

8:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home