Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Quippy email forward truth

In any given cycle of day and night, I typically end up with over 200 email forwards in my in-box. They come from all a veritable cross section of society ~ from my friends and family to those loving, altruistic strangers wanting to let me know that a distant family member I've never heard of has recently died in Zimbabwe, leaving a fortune of 40 million dollars n my name, and they wish to assist me in "claiming it". I'm sure I am not unique in this email forwarding trend. Unfortunately, I tend to delete these little ditties lest they introduce the newly improved worm-of-the-moment into my hard drive and ruin my day. Thus, I tend to avoid clicking on the little paper clip icon and discovering the wisdom at the other end of the email forward (or the tragic information that yet another unknown distant family member has met an untimely demise in Brazil).

But today, my dear friend, the Reluctant Blogger, emailed me this worthy gem, and I am so grateful I opened the post and read it.

With hurricanes, earthquakes, fires out of control, mud slides, tornadoes, flooding, and severe thunderstorms tearing up the country from one end to another, with the threat of bird flu and rampant terrorist attacks.

"Are we sure this is a good time to take God out of the Pledge of Allegiance?" ~ Jay Leno

I always liked that man.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! You had a relative die in Brazil too? I haven't gotten a check yet, but when I do I'm sharing it with you.

12:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home