Thursday, November 03, 2005

Back from bathtub banishment

Have you ever luxuriated in a frothy, extravagant bubble bath so long that the warm relaxing water turns tepid enough to cause shivers and compels you to finally relent and get out?

That has pretty much been me over the last ten days or so. My absence from my blog implies nothing catastrophic or even particularly meaningful. I have been soaking and the water was just too inviting to get out of with any degree of haste.

Sometimes the swirl of life is self-perpetuated. Busyness becomes its own purpose, and conspires to slowly poison the soul. When I find myself increasingly dismissive of my blessings and instead bogged down by the simple tediums and tasks in my daily life, it becomes a necessity to recharge, renew, relax, and rewind. To deliberately carve time out to strengthen and reposition my commitment to keep the promise of a life lived, deliberately.

Enter my literal and figurative bubble bath. Ten days. A new personal record. But though I am emerging with a keen sense of blog withdrawal and an impressive case of pruney fingers, my heart and body are well saturated in renewal and joy. Amazing what a little exile can do for the soul. I am joyful to be back.

Miss me?

*grin*

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good thinking. I'm glad you are re-charged. I am expecting some really, really good stuff. ;-)

God bless your weekend, and I did miss you. I checked every day. Honest. :-)

le

7:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I missed you! I kept looking for political commentary, family commentary, finally ANY commentary!! Welcome back. :)

1:28 PM  
Blogger Angel said...

You were very missed. :)

2:20 PM  
Blogger MommaRia said...

missed you...missed you...didn't notice you had gone. Only checked your BLOG like 5 times per day to see what you blogged about. I didn't miss you....

I had withdrawls girlie.

Glad to see you back in the syringe again...so I can shoot up some intelligent writing.

(graphic enough for ya?) *wink*

2:48 PM  
Blogger ~Kristina~ said...

I missed you I missed you!!!!

Like mommaria I checked a few times daily. lol

Glad to see you back.

7:45 AM  
Blogger Vanessa said...

Of course we missed you!!! So glad you are back ;)

10:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home