Friday, September 30, 2005

A voluntary dose of whimsy

On this last day of the month, please allow me to offer the following six suggestions for adding a voluntary dose of whimsy into our daily grinds, excerpted from an email forwarded to me tonight by my darling goofball sister:

1. At Lunch Time, Sit In Your Parked Car With Sunglasses On and Point A Hair Dryer At Passing Cars Through Your Open Window. See If They Slow Down.

2. Every Time Someone Asks You To Do Something, Ask If They Want Fries with That

3. Finish All Your Sentences With: "In Accordance With The Prophecy"

4. dontuseanypunctuation

5. Put Mosquito Netting Around Your Work Area Or Office And Play Tropical Sounds All Day

6. When Leaving The Zoo, Start Running Towards The Parking Lot, Yelling: Run For Your Lives, They're Loose!

My ebullient sister has always known how to evoke giggles from an oft-neglected place inside me. It is all her fault I am currently surfing the internet at midnight, searching for a "Jungle Sounds" CD and trying to recall where I put that doggone mosquito netting?


6 Comments:

Blogger TamWill said...

(giggles) thanks, I needed that :O)

6:46 AM  
Blogger MommaRia said...

would you like fries with that?


I prefer "according to the prophecy" myself. LOL

12:06 PM  
Blogger Doug said...

Lachen, without ever hearing of her before, I like your sister! A great sense of humor has a price above rubies. Obviously, it runs in the family. Thank you for sharing those, and thank your sister from me, please.
Have a great day.

10:08 AM  
Blogger Vanessa said...

Run for your lives! hehehe

These sounds like things Soldier J and I would (or at least I would have back in the day & probably did do some of this - LOL)

8:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

While fun to talk about while conjuring up new ones, some are risky.

#1 can get you killed or seriously pummeled.
#6 can get you arrested or seriously pummeled.

I prefer responding to all statements or questions with another question. That won't get you killed, is unlikely to get you seriously pummeled, and typically results in someone simply walking away shaking their head. What do you think?

7:59 PM  
Blogger lachen said...

Allan, welcome!

And you are right. My dear husband, the policeman, was quick to put the kabosh on that first idea. :)

As for the last one, I think I will just be in denial about the potential outcome, knowing full the liklihood of me actually doing that is less than the chance I will vote for Hillary Clinton in 2008.

*grin*

Thanks for stopping in ~ I hope you'll stay awhile and keep me grounded if I ever consider such shenanigans again. :)

11:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home