Tuesday, September 20, 2005

NFOCM

My sweet LaLa has come down with some sort of virulent illness. Nonspecific Ferocious Onset Childhood Malady, I call it. (NFOCM, for short). Each of the last three years, she and each of her friends seem to come down with a variation on the theme as preschool begins, right before Christmas, and at least once in Springtime. This sickness involves shivers, vomiting, tummy trouble, and super high fever. Your basic bodily loveliness. For 48-72 hours. Then all returns to normal, and as brake-screechingly abruptly as it descended upon us, it is gone.

We are currently on hour nineteen of this particular bout of Nonspecific Ferocious Onset Childhood Malady in Casa Lachen. And counting.

To help soothe and inspire LaLa today, particularly after her dear brother's brand of comfort ended in tears (owing to Joyboy's endearing but painful style of comforting his sister by offering steamroller type bear hugs, coupled with fistfuls of her hair in his pudgy grips), we read Bible stories about the love and singular miraculous power to heal her illness completely that Jesus offers. I reminded LaLa of the phenomenal Biblical promise that God cares so much about her that He knows each hair on her head individually.

"Isn't that amazing, sweetie?" I asked. "He knows EVERY HAIR on your head!" Jokingly, I added, "Even the strand of hair that JoyBoy just pulled out."

She burst into tears, exclaiming, "I miss that strand of hair, Mom! It was my favorite on my whole head. Can we please pray right now for God to put it back?"

My heart sighed at this tiny little blessing of a child I get to experience every day. May God heal her body soon and make her whole again. Right down to her last intact strand of blonde hair.

6 Comments:

Blogger ~Kristina~ said...

oh poor Lala. I hope she is feeling better soon. I hate when the kids are sick, its so hard.

That is so cute about the hair. Prince C will do and say things like that lol

6:25 AM  
Blogger Vanessa said...

Hope LaLa gets better soon {{HUGS}}
PT&P

The priceless and completely adorable things our babes say - wish we could record all these things the moment they happen.

8:22 AM  
Blogger MommaRia said...

LaLa is so darn cute. I love these kids. They say the darndest things don't they. We just got Sam a devotional book and every day he comes to me with that book and says...read it mom..
NOW. oh the patience of these kids.

Yesterday was on being sick and praying. We will add LaLa to our prayers since they talk on the phone he knows who she is.

love you guys. be better soon LaLa.

9:01 AM  
Blogger lachen said...

Thanks for the kind well-wishes, you guys.

We are now into Hour 37 of this awful sickness. And poor Joyboy has come down with it as well. My little ones. All I want to do is rock them, snuggle, and hug them all day long.

Nunya - I have heard the "Daycare Flu" moniker too, but since my kids are home with me and not in daycare of any kind, it doesn't quite apply. Not sure where they picked up the bug this time, but either the handle of the disease ridden supermarket carts or the drinking fountain at the park would be among my top guesses.

6:46 PM  
Blogger Karmon said...

<"I miss that strand of hair, Mom! It was my favorite on my whole head. Can we please pray right now for God to put it back?>
Too Cute!

I am sorry that she is feeling so bad. Give her HUGS from Virginia

6:54 PM  
Blogger MommaRia said...

our Kroger supermarket has started offering sani-wipes at the buggy corral for sanitizing those NASTY cart bars. I forbid MB from riding in the plastic car ones b/c they are so nasty.

Oh the joys of parenting.

8:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home