Saturday, August 06, 2005

Part Two

Because I so cherish my dear friend, Patricia, often in ways that defy expression, I will honor her request to step up and complete Part Two of what may just evolve into a never-ending TAG phenomenon:...

1. What were three of the stupidest things you have done in your life?

At the risk of sounding magnanimous, I have done innumerable stupid things in my lifetime and will almost inevitably add to that running tally with fresh choices I might make tomorrow. But because each event and choice we make has the potential to sharpen us into more usable vessels for God, I rejoice in even the most idiotic of my past choices. I believe in living life with no regrets, so I refuse to regret my life - past and present, because I do not regret where and who I am now, which would not be possible without experiencing the life I have known to this point. Including all the ample "stupid things" I have done.

That stated, among my top candidates in this field are:

1.) Allowing myself to develop an eating disorder at 15 which even now rabidly preys on me at will
2.) Until recently, wasting Gods' gift of my singing voice in lieu of more "important" tasks I chose to clutter my life with.
3.) Owning a Yugo

...and, for good measure...

Eating that second 'Sandy Beach' burrito from Maui Tacos last Tuesday. Definitely too much of a good thing.

2. At the current moment, who has the most influence in your life?

I cannot think of a time when this answer has not been God ~ though the many people He uses to exert his influence in my life are always revolving.

3. If you were given a time machine that functioned, and you were allowed to only pick up five people to dine with, who would you pick?

Jesus, Mozart, Martin Luther, Martin Luther King, and a mechanic in case the Time Capsule breaks down on the way back home. I don't think they had Dr. Pepper back then. I would be sunk.

4. If you had three wishes that were not supernatural, what would they be?

Abiding health for my family and friends
That I could play a role in restoring the value of life through degradation of abortions from an on-demand societal right to a last resort societal regret
That parental love, nourishment, care, safety, trust, peace, and innocence be the birthright for all children of this world. And that every single soul can know what it is to be loved, unconditionally, through Jesus Christ.

5. Someone is visiting your hometown/place where you live at the moment. Name two things you regret your city not having, and two things people should avoid.

Regrets: warmer ocean water (to suit us avid divers!) and an ice skating rink
Avoid: Wal Mart on Sunday afternoons (though this is not location specific I am told) and driving too fast by the gorgeous countryside, lest you miss your chance at getting a peek at the elusive Zonkeys.

6. Name one event that has changed your life.

Attending a church service during the summer I turned seven.

Cheers.

Please forgive me as I tag the following unsuspecting, hopefully good sports:

Portland Angel
Molly
Scott

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home