Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Clipper Confessions Sought

Ok, fess up. Who is actively coming into my house each day and confiscating or hiding my nail clippers in a rather effective plot to drive me bananas?

Tomorrow, I must purchase the seventh nail clipper I've had to replace since Christmas, when I received a nice one in my stocking from Copper Claus. Because he loves me and feels my pain.

Perhaps I should consider installing metal detectors at my doors. That way the mass exodus of nail clippers from my house would at least not occur undetected. Sigh. Maybe it is not malicious after all. Could it be evidence of a cosmic phenomenon beyond my comprehension? Is there a specially designated Bermuda Triangle for these kinds of consistently missing personal items? Because if there is, it is a sure bet that my derelict clippers are up there whopping it up with Copper's five pair of missing sunglasses, about a dozen plastic combs, one piece from almost every puzzle in our house, and a boatload of mismatched socks.

3 Comments:

Blogger MommaRia said...

It's a nationwide problem. We can't seem to keep them here either. They are one of the few things assigned a "Spot" but they are never in it.

Wow those aliens like sharp ouchie things don't they. They must use socks as Band-Aids.

4:03 AM  
Blogger Vanessa said...

I CONFESS! It was me! I just couldnt take the pressure anymore - the secrets, the lies - it was all to much to handle anymore. I will mail back your 6 pairs today.

bwahahahaha - love ya!

11:41 AM  
Blogger lachen said...

Hey P! I think this comment is meant for the above post about PPFA?

I so wondered about that sister-related post on your blog the other day ~ the one BEFORE the whale photo. So this is it. Oh man, what a wretched situation. I so wish she were able to seek care through an organization which is able to offer her free services because of the money they make from abortion procedures.

I stand with you amidst the waging emotions and thoughts about your sister's situation right now, and that of your yet unborn niece of nephew. And I rejoice that she is not choosing to abort her child, and PRAY for a TOTAL healing of her body and spirit so that she is equipped to act with her baby's best interests at heart.

My prayer will be that adoption receives ample consideration in her heart and conscience as she journeys through her pregnancy. But I am overjoyed that she is choosing LIFE for her child despite her circumstances. I find that both refreshing and deeply courageous! I will pray for her determination, conviction, and strength to make vital decisions and to immediately curb her addiction during pregnancy (hey ~ it's a start) so her baby has the best possible chance at an unburdened start in life. There is joy amidst the turmoil in that a LIFE is being preserved, even though there is still an uphill walk from here for all involved.

My heart goes out to your family.

10:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home