Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Jiggle

I have been a self-confessed exercise slacker over the last month. However, based on that fact that I am now noticing my rear end actually entering the room a fair bit after the rest of me, it is becoming increasingly appropriate to revisit my hiatus and anchor myself back into Pilates-land.

Not that I don't like Pilates. I absolutely love it and my body responds almost instantly to the DVD going into the machine ~ in almost Pavlovian fashion. But I go through these little rebellions about twice a year. I've learned that they are always short-lived, but do generally involve sour candy straws, Snickers Bars, and a stepped up relationship with the ever-fabulous Dr. Pepper. They are always enjoyable while they last, as it is not the fall that hurts us...it is the impact at the end of the fall.

Typically, these "rebellions" last about 5 gained pounds or one month, whichever occurs first. Then, I admit the error of my ways and embrace discipline again. Right about the time I begin receiving mail addressed to "Lachen's Thighs".

Yeah, that's always a good motivator.

6 Comments:

Blogger Vanessa said...

Oh honey - get the leg & then we will see how much your ass jiggles - BWAHAHAHA!!! I've had jiggle for years, gotta have a little. Hey, J likes my jiggle - hehehehe.

11:31 AM  
Blogger Karmon said...

At least you've confessed to slacking for only a month. I've slacked at least since Spring. You can probably hear my jiggles all the way out west. lol

1:30 PM  
Blogger Spirited 3 Mom said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

4:33 PM  
Blogger Spirited 3 Mom said...

Sorry last comment was me too...but it came out all weird... so....what I was gonna say was that my hubby likes my jiggle too and it is a good thing to because my hiatus has been since the birth of my second child....she is turning 5 this September....hehehehehe

4:36 PM  
Blogger lachen said...

I refuse to get on a scale, but surely the 5 pounds requirement for me to begin getting my act back together has been met.

The jiggle is developing its own rythym lately. I'l let you know when I get the first corresepondence addressed to select body parts. :)

10:30 AM  
Blogger *** hunzer *** said...

Whateva.

(as I go back to munching on my NERDS and Diet Cherry Vanilla Dr. Pepper)

5:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home