Sunday, April 10, 2005

FIFTH PLACE

Well, I did it. My first Texas Hold'Em Poker Tournament was tonight. Live. With Live Players and Chips and Everything. Granted, it was for charity. But it was a serious, competitive event. And it was SO much fun.

Here's what I learned:

1.) I do not have a poker face
2.) I do not have a poker laugh
3.) Giggling and blushing when you have a good hand is a surefire "tell"
4.) The RED chips are the $100.00 chips. No, the RED ones...

But along with the lessons came an unexpected perk - by miracle and conservative playing, I managed to make it to the final table in this tournament. Better yet, I ended up placing FIFTH overall. Fifth! It was not out of a massive field (50 players or so), but still. For an admitted rookie who plays for sheer love of the game and has NEVER played a live Poker game - much less a Tournament - this was big excitement for me.

Copper is so proud (he did well too - making it to Round Three). My 5th place plaque will hang in our rec room and remind us what we can achieve when we're really, really lucky and don't try to bluff the hands with a 3 and 7 off suit. Not that I am ready the quit my day job and join the World Poker Tour, but I am psyched up and now unafraid to try again. Next time, I'm aiming for 4th Place!

At Least.


2 Comments:

Blogger Spirited 3 Mom said...

Hehehehe! You go girl!!!

1:48 PM  
Blogger Vanessa said...

WTG girly!!!!

Blushing & giggling - LMAO! There's only one way to learn right?

9:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home