Monday, March 28, 2005

Comma, comma, down shooby doo...

DOWN
DOWN...

I forgot to tell you:


Our Christmas Tree is now down

Just in time for Easter (we made it under the wire by getting it bagged up, un-trimmed and into the attic by 22 minutes before midnight on Saturday night). After joyboy's birthday party earlier this month, I placed a sign on the tree that said "CARPE TREE-UM" (seize the tree). An overall satisfying gesture, even though it did nothing to further my cause of actually getting the tree out of the house. Resigning myself to the inevitable, I was all set to hide Easter eggs in the branches amidst the pathetic dregs of our ornaments that remained in sad tribute to the exact moment when we lost steam in our "un-Christmas-decorating" pursuits. But my hero Copper finally stepped in and put an end to the madness. And our sweet Christmas tree is now in sweet hibernation for at least another 8 months or so.

A new personal record. Last year it was up till Coppers' birthday (late April), so this is a remarkable improvement. I am aiming for Valentines's Day next year. Dare to dream.


2 Comments:

Blogger Karmon said...

Your kidding right? I can't believe that your tree was still up. hahaha lol too fuuny!

7:22 PM  
Blogger Vanessa said...

Your CHRISTMAS tree was STILL up???? Oh girl - you kill me! LMAO

1:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home