Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Sweet Ending to the Sweetie Saga...

Sweetie the hamster escapee has been found!

Alive and well, and apparently seeking shelter in the ample shade of our refrigerator. When she popped out at me in the early morning as I was gathering breakfast supplies, she can count herself lucky not to have been screamed at or accidentally maimed with an accidentally dropped egg carton.

Drafting both of my children into the hamster wrangling team, we manged to capture her and reunite her with the finite interior edges of her cage. My children are elated and repeatedly retold the story of their triumphant capture to their friends over the last week. It's soon to be the thing of family legend. At least in 3-and 6-year old imaginations.

... we now return you to your regularly scheduled programming ...

7 Comments:

Blogger Karmon said...

Oh My! Glad you found your furry little friend. How are you?

8:15 PM  
Blogger Mo said...

So glad you found him! Alive! LOL

12:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi you all - thanks for visiting my blog. Miss L may come and visit any time! --Ann (Mrs. T)

7:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember the crisis of an escaped hamster well from my childhood haha. They are so good at it! In Him,

Eden

Thorns and Myrtles
edenellis.wordpress.com

2:28 PM  
Anonymous Rick Supplee said...

Congratulations on finding your hamster; your kids must have been delighted. Unfortunately, our mice escaped and started re-producing massively so now we get to hear them scurrying around the walls. Much better to have captured them.

5:32 PM  
Anonymous Rick Supplee said...

Nice job capturing that creature. I am sure your kids found the mission so exciting

6:43 AM  
Anonymous Jerrie said...

Awww I'm glad you found your family pet. God bless you and your family :)

1:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home