Friday, January 19, 2007

Croc is rescued from bush, details at 11:00


Just a quick postscript: my beleagured left shoe has been rescused from the prickly shrub over at Tom's Gas. No worse from it's night spent outside in sub-freezing temperatures within the bowels of the evil bramble, it has now been happily reunited with its mate.


I arrived home from my shoe-excavating adventure in time to watch the new episode of "The Office", to bask in the ridiculously inept blunderings of Dwight Schrute and Co. And to continue to marvel at how the producers of this show have managed to infiltrate our lives for the last decade - because they have CLEARLY based the character of Jim upon the antics of my sarcastic, prankster, warm-hearted, goofball husband. It's eerie.

5 Comments:

Blogger Roxy Wishum said...

You were wearing CROCS? On ice? No wonder you were skating.

6:54 PM  
Blogger lachen said...

Roxy - I *HAD* been wearing Ugg boots, but I stepped out of the car and into about a 4 foot deep puddle at my daughters' school about an hour prior. All in all, not a good day for me and footwear in general. :)

But, point taken. I think God created me for a warmer climate.

9:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have crocs too and I don't care if people (my kids) make fun of me. Were you really wearing Ugg boots too, or is that a joke? Because if you have crocs and uggs, you are a consumer of the ugliest footwear on the planet. But it's okay. Someone's got to do it.

le

3:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ps Any other shoe would have been taken during the night. lol

le

3:29 PM  
Blogger lachen said...

Oh Le - YES. I was one of the first buyers of Crocs - SIX YEARS AGO, when they were only popular with us scuba divers and other water enthusiasts. And my darling husband *still* refuses to wear them because they are so ugly.

Ugg boots have been a staple for me since my ballerina days in my early teens. They are SO warm!

Apparently, I do not seem to care how fashion LOOKS, so long as it FEELS great. :)

3:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home