Thursday, May 11, 2006

my Mothers Day prayer

As Mothers Day approaches, I find myself deeply grateful and in renewed love of the husband who adores me and is the father to our children, the God who blesses our union and family, and my incredible two children whose life ~ from the moment of conception ~ made me a mother. I do not feel I have earned a celebration in my honor this year, but rather wish to spend my day in reflection and honor of those whose very lives give me the gift of motherhood. Once and again every day.

Lord, thank you.
Copper, bless you.
LaLa and JoyBoy, I love you.

I am blessed. I never really understood what it was to know God until I saw Him anew in his most precious creations: my babies. The reality of my kids has utterly transformed me. It is my goal in life to be the best steward I can to these treasured young ones to the utmost of my abilities. Hoping that one day in the rapidly approaching future, my children will arise and call me blessed. And I will thus, through the grace of the Lord, inhabit the bounty of the Proverbs wife.

This is my prayer.


2 Comments:

Blogger Mo said...

That was so beautiful. What a wonderful mama you must be.

9:24 AM  
Blogger Molly said...

that was nice, Lachlen!

Happy Mother's day to you!

6:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home