Saturday, April 29, 2006

not a trick question


OK, so which one of these dolls looks as though it promotes innocence, imagination, wholesome play and childlike fantasy? And which one looks to be a brash, raunchy, made-up, trashily clad, and shockingly sexualized combination of every secular image we want to protect our impressionanable young, precious children from? (no, I am not biased in ANY manner. *grin*)

C'mon. You can do it.

Bueller? Bueller?

I have been hoping for awhile now that a modest, fanciful, imaginative, posable, feminine, popular doll series that would emerge to challenge the stranglehold that BRATZ dolls have on the 4-14 age market for our daughters. I find Bratz startlingly repugnant and am astounded that so many of us are buying this garbage for our children to consume, play with, and emulate. Thank God there are now emerging some great new options for little girls (and boys).

On the recommendation of a friend (who apparently trolls toy stores on a much more regular basis than I do and spied these the moment they hit the shelves!), I purchased the doll on the left and a companion doll, part of the new Trixieville collection, for LaLa last night. She and I played with her dolls for 2 hours, making up stories about the ocean and Maui and the trees and fireflies. It was sheer delight. Thank you, Manhattan Toy Company, for making these delightful, age appropriate dolls which promote sweetness and innocence ~ the very best elements of being a child, after all.

5 Comments:

Blogger mom23 said...

No Bratz here. I like Groovy Girls as an alternative.

7:08 PM  
Blogger ~Kristina~ said...

How adorable. I love them. They remind me of Herself the Elf. I had those when I was little.

I dont like Bratz to much. they look like street walkers. Since i dont have a girl I dont have to deal with this one.

5:58 AM  
Blogger lachen said...

The Groovy Girls and these Trixieville dolls are made by the same company! My complaint with the GG dolls is that they are not plastic - they are cloth - so they aren't able to be posed or taken in water. But either way, may our combined Groovy Girls and Trixieville doll purchases work together exponentially with others to send the manufacturers of Bratz dolls a strong message.

10:26 AM  
Blogger Mo said...

I absolutely detest those stupid Bratz dolls. They are awful.

2:12 PM  
Blogger butterfly cocoon said...

Did I miss what the diagnosis is?

9:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home