Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Preschool Poking Perspective

This weekend, from within an SUV near you, occured the following conversation between Copper and LaLa.

"LaLa, please quit poking your brother."

A temporary respite of silence follows, broken quickly by sharp squealing emitted from my cranky-because-I have-a-head-cold 18-month old son.

"Lala! What did I just tell you? Please quit poking your brother. He is not feeling well."

Again, a temporary quiet settles over the car. And again, it is abruptly shattered by the insistent piercing screeching of Joyboy, this time accompanied by rather ferocious, frustrated kicking.

"LaLa. This is your last warning. Your behavior is unacceptable. QUIT POKING YOUR BROTHER RIGHT NOW."

"But Daddy, I'm not poking him. I am just pointing to different places on his body, one at a time."

How can we possibly contend with such muddy, endearing four~year~old reasoning skills?

6 Comments:

Blogger MommaRia said...

LOL...quit touching me.

Oh the joys of kiddos. They crack me up on a daily basis.

I both LOVE and hate 4-years-old. I think if I make it to 5 it will have been a miracle.

3:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's hilarious!

And yet... oh, my, is this what I have to look forward to? The Young Prince is not yet 3, and already he is catching me with such things nonverbally and semi-verbally. I recently told him he could have a cracker for each hand, so he held out both hands, got his loot, then immediately crammed both crackers in his mouth and held his hands out again. As it stood, I just told him to try whistling, but I do think I need to develop appropriate dread for when he can add complex strings of words to the logic mix.

7:40 AM  
Blogger Vanessa said...

I'm not touching you, Im not touching you.

LOL - I *love* 4 & the things they come up with!

11:40 AM  
Blogger Angel said...

Lachen, it sounds like you might have a future lawyer on your hands. ;) (And, being a lawyer, I do mean that in the nicest way possible!)

12:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

She's brilliant!
Love, Pat

4:01 PM  
Blogger lachen said...

Thanks you guys! Pat and Maria - does this NOT sound like something your boys would say? And V - I think this sounds like something YOU would say! "I'm not touching you!!" - lol

Arwen... I so hope we are still blogging buddies when your little Prince hits the "age of reason", as I call it? I hear the most unimaginably slippery but difficult to counter logic these days. I can't wait to hear what your little one comes up with.

And ANGEL - given his or her genetic inheritance with TWO attorney parents, I fully expect each future child of yours is going to have well-honed arguments by the time they are potty trained! *wink*

Thanks guys for sharing my delight in my children!

1:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home