Thursday, July 07, 2005

An English Prayer

Senseless, shocking, horrific tragedy in London awakened us all this morning. In concert with all good people of the world, my heart hurts and weeps as though the loss were from within my own home. Because it is. Notwithstanding the intimate relationship of our two great nations, every death, every maimed life, every family who is so unexpectedly catapulted into mourning today is one of our own. An innocent life. A brother, sister, friend, parent, child.

We are one people sharing one hope, one humanity, one Lord, one planet. This is not only an English tragedy. This is a tragedy for all mankind. This barbary was inflicted upon all of us. I add my voice to the ringing condemnation of such actions against us and mourn the lives lost to such rancid, agendized evil.

We stand beside the noble people of England in the wake of these events and share your encompassing anger and painful sadness. We must not permit our world to be defined by the destructive actions of cowards and malcontents. May we sucessfully hunt them down and send them to God's ultimate justice where His wrath can be poured out upon them. May our harmonious endeavors, mutual love, and imovable resolve achieve for our children a far less dangerous world. Where innocent life is preserved and protected, not targeted for extinction.

To each and every good and innocent citizen of England, my heart and prayers and those of my nation, extend. May God Bless you and keep you right now and always.

Amen.

3 Comments:

Blogger Vanessa said...

When will this stop? It makes what we are fighting for seem like their is no end in site. God Bless the people of London, the US, and all our troops!!!

12:35 PM  
Blogger *** hunzer *** said...

Great entry girl. It's bittersweet for me as I'm devastated for those affected by the London Terror yet joyous that my neighbor's husband returns from 10 months in Iraq tomorrow. My heart is overflowing with patriotism today.

5:21 PM  
Blogger *** hunzer *** said...

BTW ~ No need to hunt me down. I commented!

5:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home