Thursday, September 28, 2006

In Loving Memory Of

Jacob Matthew Oder

My dear cousin, Chad and his wife lost their beloved son, Jacob, this morning.

He was three years old.

Jacob suddenly and unexpectedly passed away in his parents' embrace early this morning of an tragic and unexpected complication to a surgery he had 10 days ago.

My cousin and his wife released their son from their own arms into Jesus' after he was declared brain dead, only mere hours after he had eaten dinner with his family at their table. As parents, there is no way to be prepared for the sudden loss of our child. And yet it has touched my family tonight.

May the Lord bless and keep my cousin and his wife as they emerge from the valley of the shadow of death. And as they face their first night as a family of four, where they had been five. As they wrap their hearts around the hurt and the Jacob-shaped void that will forever be a part of their lives.

And for Lilly and Elijah, who now have become twins, my heart weeps openly for your pain and for the loss of your triplet brother. May you come to know the presence of the Lord deeper in your heart and lives all the more richly because of the deposit your family has made in heaven today.

God bless you Jacob. May God hold the Oder family under His wing as darkness falls tonight.

And may we all be reminded to never live our lives as though our next breath is guaranteed.

11 Comments:

Blogger Roxy Wishum said...

Wow, that is such a difficult thing to experience. I am hurting for the Oder family. If I can feel this much pain just from reading a brief description of this precious boy's life and death, it is hard to imagine the pain for those who knew him and held him and watched him for three years. May God bless the Oder family with a strength to grow through the ordeal and become a source of strength for others.

4:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so sorry. Your family will be in my prayers.

7:35 AM  
Blogger Angel said...

Oh Lachen, that's so sad. Our prayers and thoughts are with you and your family.

1:50 PM  
Blogger DesertGirl said...

What a lovely tribute.

Thinking of you all.

1:58 PM  
Blogger Doug said...

May God Bless both your cousin's family and your own, Lachen.

7:45 AM  
Blogger MommaRia said...

Lachen.
My heart goes out to your precious family. What a tragedy.

My heart breaks for you all.

Prayers for your precious family.

4:37 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

I'm so sorry for your family. My little brother died when he was 9 very unexpectedly. I always said he was too good for this world and that God needed him. It doesn't change anything, but it helps a little bit. Sending prayers and thoughts to you all.

6:41 PM  
Blogger Mo said...

I'm so so so very sorry to hear this. I can't even begin to imagine their pain. You and yours will be in my prayers.

7:07 AM  
Blogger Ashley @ pure and lovely said...

that breaks my heart. I am so sorry. We will be praying for yall. thank you for that reminder. we really arent guaranteed anything.

7:35 AM  
Blogger Vanessa said...

I am so sorry to hear that - our endless PT&P go out to all of you.

1:21 PM  
Blogger butterfly cocoon said...

I am so sorry about the loss of your cousins son.
I'll say a prayer for their healing.

5:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home