Friday, August 26, 2005

When Inanimate Objects Attack

Someone moved my bathroom door.

Not altogether, just slightly to the left.

The resulting purple volcano of a bruise on my left hip and slight limp gained from the painful contact I made with said doorframe in the middle of the night is a lovely reminder not to take anything for granted.

Because doors do, apparently, move. By themselves. What was here today might not be here tomorrow. Or if it is here tomorrow, it may have moved just enough to the left to knock the sheer tar out of you. You can bet I will learn to turn the lights on for each middle~of~the~night potty foray from now on. I'll take blinded by the light over being maimed by a door for 1200, Alex.

I look like a battered wife. Can I request a citizen's arrest for an inanimate object?

5 Comments:

Blogger MommaRia said...

LOL. I can totally understand. My thing is all of the toys that seem to magically jump in front of my toes as I wander down the hall or into (gasp) my MB's bedroom in the middle of the night. I have been maimed and mauled by toys for years now , and as they get older (the kids, not the toys) the grow WEAPONS of MASS destruction like metal edges and daggers. (darn K*Nex)

What's next, the elves are going to relocate the furniture and stools and sink when we are not looking. Darn elves, I thought they were supposed to help us humans.

May your wounds heal well and Copper not get funny looks. LOL.

7:04 AM  
Blogger Mo said...

I hate it when that happens.

8:15 AM  
Blogger Karmon said...

How you start to heal soon

9:59 AM  
Blogger Coccobello said...

I came across your blog and I want to spam your personal email account and get you to buy vitamins.

12:38 PM  
Blogger *** hunzer *** said...

LOL ~ I often wake up with random bruises from whatever it is I do when I sleep.

Or party.

Or whatever it is I do.

:)

1:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home