Thursday, August 25, 2005

Crying Daughter, Smiling Butterfly

My dear best friend and I enjoyed a spontaneous end~of~summer outing at the local Natural History Museum's Butterfly Exhibit with our combined five kidlets under the age of seven. The children were enraptured with the masses of colorful butterflies, LaLa so much so that she wept as we left, begging to be allowed to live in the butterfly exhibit with her new favorite creatures in all the world.

The closeup photo of this particular butterfly reveals a surprising happy face in its natural pigmentation. Can you see it? The ever inspiring intricacies of God's creation are hard to ignore when they unexpectedly smile back at you.

5 Comments:

Blogger MommaRia said...

Oh, I think that is the sweetest thing yet. These kids are awesome aren't they.

*sigh* lets bottle the cuteness now for the teen years!

11:34 AM  
Blogger Kristen OQ said...

What a fun day and exhibit. I know my Sam would really enjoy something like that.

1:38 PM  
Blogger lachen said...

I was overwhelmed at the butterflies, too, truth be told. I felt more like a 4 year old innocent than a 32-year old tired Mommy, amidst nature's simple splendor yesterday.

It delights me that the God who created every sinew of my body also created such delicate delights - nature's amazing airborne rainbow explosion.

2:41 PM  
Blogger ~Kristina~ said...

How swwt. We have a butterfly garden here and I am just in awe everytime I go. I could go and sit for hours in there.

Reece was luckly enought to have 4 land on him the last time we were thre. He was so good about it and just watched them till they flew off

5:10 PM  
Blogger Karmon said...

i have a butterfly bush in my front yard and fearless loves to attempt to catch them.

11:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home